75
      Friday
      88 / 73
      Saturday
      91 / 74
      Sunday
      91 / 75

      Apartment fire leaves 16 families displaced

      More than a dozen{}families have been displaced following an apartment fire caused from a cigarette early Saturday morning.

      Firefighters say one resident's cigarette was left on a deck, and the fire climbed an outside wall and went into the attic.

      One person slipped down the stairway trying to get out of the building and another person suffered from smoke inhalation. Both were taken to an area hospital for treatment, and are expected to be okay.

      The fire took place at The Verandas at Rocky Ridge Apartments.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER