Baked Shrimp Scampi with Feta Cheese
- 2 pounds (12 to 15per pound) shrimp in the shell
- 3 tablespoons goodolive oil
- 2 tablespoons drywhite wine
- Kosher salt andfreshly ground black pepper
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 teaspoons mincedgarlic (4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup mincedshallots
- 3 tablespoons mincedfresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon mincedfresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushedred pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon gratedlemon zest
- 2 tablespoons freshlysqueezed lemon juice
- 1 extra-large eggyolk
- 2/3 cup panko(Japanese dried bread flakes)
- Lemon wedges, forserving
- Feta Cheese Crumblesfor sprinkling on top
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Peel, de vein, and butterfly the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place theshrimp in a mixing bowl and toss gently with the olive oil, wine, 2 teaspoonssalt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature while you makethe butter and garlic mixture.
In a small bowl, mash the softened butter with the garlic, shallots,parsley, rosemary, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, egg yolk, panko,1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper until combined.
Starting from the outer edge of a 14-inch oval gratin dish, arrange theshrimp in a single layer cut side down with the tails curling up and towardsthe center of the dish. Pour the remaining marinade over the shrimp. Spread thebutter mixture evenly over the shrimp. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until hot andbubbly. Sprinkle with Feta. If you like the top browned, place under a broilerfor 1 minute. Serve with lemon wedges.