77
      Sunday
      95 / 76
      Monday
      93 / 75
      Tuesday
      92 / 74

      Birmingham business a total loss after fire breaks out Tuesday afternoon

      BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- A Tuesday afternoon fire completely destroyed a business in downtown Birmingham.

      Dixie Awning, which is located at 215 3rd Avenue West, is considered a total loss after a fire broke out just before 4 p.m. According to firefighters, workers were using a heating tool when some nearby fabric was ignited, sparking a large fire that destroyed the building.

      Crews were able to extinguish the fire before it spread to the basement, where more flammable materials were located. The blaze was under control as of 4:25 p.m.

      No injuries were reported. An investigation remains ongoing.

      {}

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER