Construction workers hit gas line in Homewood, cause leak
HOMEWOOD, Ala. -- Construction workers building an addition to a commercial building in Homewood Wednesday hit a gas line, causing a leak and forcing a temporary evacuation of the area, ABC 33/40 reporter Candace White has learned.
The incident occurred at a business on Central Avenue around noon, and Homewood firefighters are at the scene for precautionary reasons as an Alagasco crew works to repair the gas leak.
It is unknown at this time how long it will take for the leak to repaired. No one was injured.