Family grieves, asks for answers in son's two year old murder

"I just want everybody to close their eyes for one second and just think about what our family is going through right now," James Baldwin said. "Every day...for the past two years."

Two years. 730 days have passed and still no answers.

"We are still out here searching for answers," Terry Steele said. "Any information given...we'll appreciate it."

For Steele, a father, there's no one word that describes it.

"It's sorrow, it's hurt, it's's pain," he said.

Two years ago to the day, Steele's son, 18-year-old Quinterrius Steele, had just left his house. He had been gone for five minutes. He met a group of friends near the corner of 16th Street South and Berkley Avenue. That's when someone drove up and opened fire.

But still in these dark, unknowing times, the family continues to hold on to light. Hoping. Praying for resolution.

"We're going to be here until we get the answers that we're looking for," Steele said.

Even if those answers are right here - in the very crowd that met Wednesday evening for a candlelight vigil.

"Some of you same cowardly like folk won't even pick up a phone because you're too scared somebody is going to call you in to come down to show your face," Pastor Dwayne Thompson said.

Thompson doesn't buy it.

He says it wasn't even 5:00 p.m. when the shooting happened. Plenty of daylight left in the day. And, he says, 16 people were in that same area at that exact same time.

"There's no way that 16 sets of eyes were on something and nobody seen anything," he said.

"It's not about what you didn't do now," Steele said. "It's what you can do now. Right now, you still can make a difference. We still need the answers."

Bessemer Police Detective, Stacy Cartier, says over the past two years there have been a few leads about this case, but nothing to really "go on."

There was a person arrested related to this case. He was held for six months before being released due to lack of evidence.