76
      Wednesday
      92 / 74
      Thursday
      92 / 74
      Friday
      92 / 73

      Fire breaks out at a historic storefront in Gadsden

      It was a close call for an old storefront in Gadsden.{} Firefighters battled a fire at one of the historic buildings on Broad Street.{} It started Tuesday evening on the second floor above a vacuum repair shop and consignment store.{}

      Investigators say it started with the heating unit.{} The equipment malfunctioned and spread to some wood floors and beams nearby.{}

      A shopkeeper was nearby and smelled smoke.{} It took firefighters about 10 minutes to put out the flames.{} Investigators do not suspect foul play.{}

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER