Guide to parking at Regions Field for Birmingham Barons home opener
The Birmingham Police Department has released a parking map and some tips for fans headed to Regions Field Wednesday night for the Birmingham Barons' home opener against the Mississippi Braves.
The Birmingham Barons and the City of Birmingham partnered with Children's of Alabama, the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Intelligent Parking Systems on gameday parking details for the 2013 season at Regions Field, securing approximately 3,000 individual parking spaces within a five-minute walk of the ballpark. The amount of secured spots per person is higher than the team had at Regions Park in Hoover (capacity - 10,800), based on the capacity of Regions Field (8,500).
Another option for fans will be taking a shuttle from the Lakeview District or Pepper Place. A shuttle will take fans from Slice Pizza & Brew in Lakeview and Cantina at Pepper Place to Regions Field beginning at 5 p.m. Tickets cost $1 and are available for purchase at both restaurants, as well as Innisfree Irish Pub, located across the street from Slice in Lakeview.
Following the game, fans will be picked up at Good People Brewing Company. Shuttles will run until 10:45 p.m.Facts/Events for Opening Day:
- Ribbon Cutting at 4:50 on the 14th Street Side Entrance.
- Get there early. Gates will open at 5:00.
- Opening day festivities will start at 5:30.
- Intelligent Parking Systems will have 15 six-passenger carts running on a continuous loop between these lots and Regions Field during opening day and every home game, providing fans with efficient transportation before and after each game.
- All listed lots will be open to the public based on availability.
- Lot C has been designated as the Season Ticket holder lot. Fans with Season Tickets who purchased a season parking pass will have a reserved spot in that lot, located between 17th and 18th Street on 3rd Avenue South.
Birmingham Police Department officers will be stationed along all routes leading from Regions Field to the parking areas listed. Additionally, the streets surrounding Regions Field will be patrolled on game nights throughout the season.General Regions Field Parking Facts:
- Approximately 3,000 secured spots within five minutes of Regions Field.
- Additionally on-street parking located in the streets surrounding the ballpark.
- Season Ticket Holder Parking available in Lot C with a parking pass.
- Shuttle Service available courtesy of Intelligent Parking Systems from each designated parking area.
- Three convenient entrances to Regions Field ensure a short walk from the parking areas to the ballpark.