93
      Wednesday
      94 / 73
      Thursday
      92 / 70
      Friday
      89 / 68

      House fire leaves man left with nothing

      An afternoon fire destroyed this home at 6th Street and Princeton Avenue on Saturday. (abc3340.com)

      Davis Lee{}says he's lucky to be alive after a fire destroyed his home.

      Birmingham police responded to the fire around 1:30 this afternoon. It happened at 6th street and Princeton Avenue. Lee was inside says he believes it all started from electrical wiring. He lost everything but says he's glad he made it out safe.

      Lee says, "Everything is all good, I'm out. When the windows started popping I knew I had to get out the house. I guess I'll go over my sister's house and watch the Superbowl."

      No injuries were reported.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER