Resident says lightning the cause of fire at Hoover home
Helena and Hoover firefighters are working a house fire that is believed to have been started by lightning.
Both fire departments responded to the call shortly before 6 p.m. at a home located at 116 South View Terrace. A resident reported a bolt of lightning hit the house then smoke quickly filling inside the home.
Fire could be seen in a photo tweeted by Tanner Robbins. It is unknown at this time if anyone was injured.
ABC 33/40 will continue to follow this story and provide updates as more information is made available.
For the latest on the weather across Central Alabama, visit the Weather Blog.