Lightning sparks house fire in Hoover
Lightning is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Hoover Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters arrived at a home on Clearview Drive around 2 p.m., and they were able to get the blaze under control within 20 minutes, but not before the flames caused extensive damage to the house.
A teenager was inside the home at the time of the fire, but she was able to escape unharmed.
The fire this afternoon was the second today caused by lightning, the Hoover Fire Department said.