Louisiana fire that killed 3 started in living room
A south Louisiana fire inspector says the blaze that killed three children from Alabama started in the living room of the mobile home where they were staying.
Houma fire inspector Michael Millett said Thursday that he can't release the names of the 13-year-old girl and her brothers, ages 12 and 11.
He says a space heater may have started the fire, but there was so much damage investigators may never be certain.
District Chief Lance LaMarca of the state Fire Marshal's office said Wednesday that another sibling, the children's parents and four other children were taken to a Baton Rouge burn unit.
LaMarca said the children's father was burned rescuing one child after smoke came under his bedroom door, but was unable to get the other three.