Market Monday Giveaway Contest Rules
MARKET MONDAY GIVEAWAY (WEB CONTEST) October 29, 2012 - November 12, 2012Official Contest Rules
Do I need to purchase anything to participate inthis Contest?
No purchase isnecessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
TV Alabama Inc, ("TVA") is conductingthis contest on TV stations WCFT-TV and WJSU-TV, d.b.a ABC 33/40, morespecifically ABC 33/40's "Talk of Alabama" website, www.talkofalabama.com
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
- 18 years of ageor older at time of the Contest; and
- legal residentsof and physically located in Central Alabama, specifically the followingcounties: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun,Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale,Jefferson, Marion, Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker,Winston.
Who cannotparticipate in this Contest?
Individuals ortheir Family/Household members who:
- live or receiveStation's signal (e.g. satellite retransmission) outsidethe WCFT / WJSU viewing area.
- are employed bySponsor, promotional companies and advertising agencies involved with thisContest (or their affiliates or subsidiaries); or
- are employed byother radio, television, print media operations in the Station's market (ortheir affiliates or subsidiaries).
- "FamilyMembers" include: spouses, parents,children and siblings. "Household Members" include persons living at thesame street address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legallyrelated.
When will this Contest begin and end?
Contest entrieswill begin on Monday October 29, 2012 andwill continue thereafter through MondayNovember 12, 2012 at 10:00 a.m.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate bylogging on to www.talkofalabama.comand click on the "Junior League Market" link. Fill out the entry form and click "submit". Six (6) winners will be chosen by randomdrawing of all qualified entries.
What can I win?
The six (6)winners will each receive one (1) of the following prize packages, asdetermined by ABC 33/40:
- Customized Collegiate Football Player Painting (valued at $100), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $148.
- Silver Cross Bracelet (valued at $50), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $98.
- Handmade Cuff Bracelet (valued at $100), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $148.
- Scarf (valued at $75), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $123.
- Small Clutch Handbag (valued at $100), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $148.
- Small framed art (valued at $125), plus four (4) tickets to The Market (valued at $48). Prize package is valued at $173.
The prizes awardedare at the sole discretion of ABC 33/40. Winners will not be allowed tochoose their prize. The prize restrictions/condition outlined are notall-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, whichwill be stated in the Affidavit/Release.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds ofwinning are dependent on the number of qualified entries on our website.
How will I be notified?
A representative of ABC 33/40 will contact the winner with a phone call.
Will I beresponsible for paying taxes on the prize?
Other than expresslystated in prize descriptions in these Rules, all federal, state,local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including income taxes, are soleresponsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from theSponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prizehe/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are myresponsibilities as the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (andtravel guest(s) where applicable) will be required to provide:
- Signed Acknowledgement,Waiver, Indemnification and Release (See AttachedForm)
- IRS Form W-9
- Proper Identification (passport, driver's license, or other form ofgovernment-issued picture identification)
- Other documentation Sponsor may require
- The winner will have two(2) business days after he/she is announced as a winner to claim their voucherat the Sponsor's studio at 800 Concourse Parkway Suite200, Birmingham, AL 35244. All prizes must be picked up (M-F) between the hoursof 8:30 a.m. and 12:00 p.m., and from 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Only the individual who is declared the winner may claim thePrize. The Prize cannot be mailed.
Under whatconditions will a Prize winner be disqualified an alternate winner selected?
- if he/she cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been madeduring two (2) business days from Tuesday November 12, 2012;
- if he/she is found to be ineligible;
- if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
- if he/she does not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest issubject to the following additional rules:
1. Prize Limits. You may win this Contest only once and onlyone (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of Six Hundred Dollars ($600) only onceper every twelve (12) months.
2. Prize Substitutions. Prizes may not be redeemed, exchanged orotherwise substituted. PRIZES ARENON-TRANSFERABLE.
3. Sponsor Decisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to this Contest shall be final in allregards. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change,alter and/or modify these rules at any time, including the substitution of aprize of equal or greater value. Suchchange, alteration and/or modification shall become effective upon thebroadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personalinformation supplied by entrants will be subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policiesand terms of service posted at its website. Sponsor has the right to modify,use in perpetuity on any media, assign to any third parties and or dispose ofentries. Once submitted, entries become the soleproperty of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. Promotional Use of Winner's Identity. By participating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permissionto use your name, picture, likeness, biographical information, statements,address (city and state) and/or voice in any manner for any marketing,advertising or promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium(including but not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name,picture, likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all withoutadditional remuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor will not provide any personallyidentifying information of minors, regardless of its source, to any third partywithout the express written consent of entrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsiblefor:
- any technical difficulties including, but notlimited to lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled phone calls, limited calling, dropped lines, busy phone lines,computer error or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, illegibleor mutilated correspondence, inability to accessContest via the Internet due to hardware, software compatibility, server and/orany other condition beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor;
- cancellation,pre-emption, non-broadcast or out-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or inpart, of any program containing a Contest element and Sponsor may choose, atits sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend Contest, or any portionthereof, due to such occurrences; or
- inability of theonline portion of the Contest to run as originally planned, including tamperingor infection by computer virus. Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves theright to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest andconduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received.
7. ContestCancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reservesthe right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest in theevent Sponsor cannot preservethe security or proper administration of this Contest, or forany other reason in Sponsor's soleand absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant whosubmitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves theright, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (asindicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames,and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respectiveowners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used hereinsolely for identification purposes.
9. Legal Preemption. This Contest is subject to all applicablefederal, state and local laws and to these Rules. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
- to waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest;
- to release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor;
- to acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize and does not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work or any product associated with a prize including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance;
- that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
- that any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law;
- that Sponsor is not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
- that if, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received;
- that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Contest; and
- that in no event shall Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with the Contest.
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winnersof any Prize (and travel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required toexecute the attached Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release priorto his or her receipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/Winners List. Official Rules willbe posted on the Sponsor's website during the Contest period. To receive a copy of the OfficialRules or the Name of the winner, send a self-addressed envelope to: "MarketMonday Giveaway", c/o ABC 33/40, 800 Concourse Parkway, Suite 200, Birmingham,AL 35244.
Winner's Acknowledgement,Waiver, Indemnification And Release
Acknowledgement. I have read and understand or have hadexplained to me the official rules and regulations concerning the attachedcontest promotion, and declare that I have complied fully with all of itsassociated rules.
Ifurther declare that, at the time of my entry, I was _____ years of age, aresident of _________________________, and that neither I, nor any member of myFamily/Household, was/is an employee of the Sponsor, promotional companies,advertiser or their agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates involved with thiscontest or other media in the Station's market.
Iunderstand that I am responsible for all taxes of any type associated with myprize.
Waiver. I hereby for myself and/or my heirs,personal representatives and assigns, completelyand forever release, waive and discharge Sponsor, its promotional partners and advertisersand their agencies involved with this contest promotion, and each such party'srespective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, shareholders, directors,officers, agents, employees, successors, assigns, consultants andrepresentatives (collectively, the "SponsorAffiliates"), from any and all claims, actions, suits, costs, losses,expenses, demands, damages and/or other liabilities, known or unknown, absoluteor contingent, and whether or not fixed, which I ever had, now have or might inthe future have against any of the SponsorAffiliates (including,but not limited to, the costs and expenses of experts, consultants andattorneys), resulting in any manner from and/orby reason of my participation in this contest promotion and/or my receipt anduse of such Prize, including any future use (collectively, "Claims");
Indemnification. I also agree to protect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Sponsor Affiliates, from and againstany and all Claims arising out of or relating to:(1) my participation in this contestpromotion; and/or (2) my possession/acceptance and/or use/misuse of such Prize, including any future use including,but not limited to, the, cancellations and/or delays or any change by anytransportation carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any otherpersons providing any of components of the prize for the winner; and
Release. I hereby agree to allow Sponsor andits designees to use my name, picture, likeness,biographical information, voice, any statement made during interviews, and address (city and state) in any manner for any marketing, advertisingor promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (includingbut not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture,likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additionalremuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law in conjunction withmy acceptance and use of said prize.
Printed Name Signature
Social SecurityNumber City,State, Zip Code