National Prescription Take Back Day Announced In Shelby County
SHELBY COUNTY - AL —
The Shelby County Drug Enforcement Task Force, the Pelham Police Department, the Shelby County Drug Free Coalition and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration are sponsoring National Prescription Take Back Day on April 27.
You will have the chance to properly dispose of unused, expired, or unwanted prescriptions or over-the counter medications.
You can bring your medication to the following locations between 10 a.m. And 2 p.m., to one of these locations:
- Alabaster Target at 250 South Colonial Drive, Alabaster
- Greystone YMCA at 5414 Highway 280, Birmingham
- Pelham Police Department at 32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham
- University of Montevallo Police Department at the Department of Public Safety, Station 6155, Montevallo
- Winn-Dixie at 2653 Valleydale Rd, Birmingham
- Strawberry Festival in Calera at Oliver Park
Last year, Shelby County residents turned in nearly 482 pounds of unwanted medications.The drop-off is free and anonymous.