Do I need to purchase anything to participate in this Contest?
No purchase is necessary to participate in this Contest.
Who is conducting this Contest?
TV Alabama Inc, ("Sponsor") isconducting this Contest on TV stations WCFT-TV and WJSU-TV, d.b.a ABC 33/40.
Who can participate in this Contest?
Individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older at time of the Contest;and
- legal residents of and physically located inCentral Alabama, specifically the following counties: Bibb, Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, Chilton,Clay, Coosa, Cullman, Etowah, Fayette, Greene, Hale, Jefferson, Marion,Pickens, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tuscaloosa, Walker, Winston.
Who cannot participate in this Contest?
Individuals or their Family/Householdmembers who:
- live or receive Station's signal (e.g.satellite retransmission) outside the WCFT-TV and WJSU-TV viewingarea;
- are employed by Sponsor, promotional companiesand advertising agencies involved with this Contest (or their affiliates orsubsidiaries); or
- are employed by other radio, television, printmedia operations in the Station's market (or their affiliates or subsidiaries).
- "Family Members" include: spouses,parents, children and siblings. "Household Members" include persons living at the samestreet address, either full or part time, whether or not they are legallyrelated.
When will this Contest begin and end?
This Contest will be held on Wednesday November 14, 2012.
How can I participate in and win this Contest?
Participate by calling the ABC 33/40 contest line during the ABC 33/40'sMidday News when the cue to call is given. The telephone number to call will be broadcast at that time.
What can I win?
The Winner willreceive: a one-night stay for a family of four at Gaylord Opryland Resort andConvention Center in Nashville, TN (One (1) standard room with two doublebeds), Four (4) tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, and four (4)tickets to Ice! Featuring Dreamworks' "Shrek the Halls". The Prize is valued at approximately $600. The prize restrictions/conditions outlined are not all-inclusiveand may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which will be statedin the Affidavit/Release.
This Prize involves a trip, sothe following conditions may apply.
Certain black-out-dates and additional restrictions/conditions may applyto prizes involving trips and may be stated in the Affidavit/Release and/ortrip prize travel documents. Noextension or change of trip dates is permitted once the Sponsor has confirmedtrip dates. The Prize trip must betaken before December 20, 2012. ThePrize winner is responsible for all other aspects of the trip including, butnot limited to: taxes, government fees, meals, gratuities, telephone calls,hotel incidentals, hotel amenities, cabs, and all other such fees or servicesrendered during the Contest trip. If awinner elects to travel with fewer than designated number of guests, noadditional compensation will be awarded. In the event that a prize component is not available for any reason,then remaining elements of prize shall constitute full satisfaction ofSponsor's prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will beawarded.
What are my odds of winning this Contest?
The odds of winning depend on the number of telephone calls attemptingto call the contest line.
How will I be notified?
Winner will be notified by phone at the timethe phone is answered for the correct caller and all conditions have beenmet.
Will I be responsible forpaying taxes on the prize?
Other than expressly stated in prize descriptions inthese Rules, allfederal, state, local, and/or other taxes, without limitation, including incometaxes, are sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will receive a 1099 form from theSponsor for the total approximate retail value, as stated herein, of the prizehe/she won in the calendar year it was won.
What are my responsibilitiesas the Prize winner?
The Prize winner (and travel guest(s) where applicable)will be required to provide:
- Signed Acknowledgement,Waiver, Indemnification and Release (See Attached Form)
- IRS FormW-9
- ProperIdentification (passport, driver's license, or other form of government-issuedpicture identification)
- Otherdocumentation Sponsor may require
- The winner will have 10 (ten) business days after he/she isannounced as a winner to claim the Prize at the Sponsor's studio at 800 Concourse Parkway, Suite200, Birmingham, AL 35244. All prizesmust be picked up (M-F) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. through 12:00 p.m. and1:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Only theindividual who is declared the winner may claim the Prize, and the Prize cannotbe mailed.
Under what conditions will aPrize winner be disqualified?
- if he/shecannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during 10 businessdays from November 14, 2012;
- if he/sheis found to be ineligible;
- if his/herprize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable; or
- if he/shedoes not comply with these Rules
What else do I need to know about this Contest?
This Contest is subject to the following additional rules:
1. PrizeLimits. You may win this Contestonly once and only one (1) winner per household is permitted. You are eligible to win a prize from Sponsor valued in excess of SixHundred Dollars ($600) only once per every twelve (12) months.
2. PrizeSubstitutions. Prizes may not beredeemed, exchanged or otherwise substituted. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Promoters of Gaylord OprylandCountry Christmas reserve the right to cancel the shows or attractions forreasons beyond their control.
3. SponsorDecisions. Decisions of Sponsor with respect to thisContest shall be final in all regards. Sponsor reserves the right, in itssole discretion, to change, alter and/or modify these rules at any time,including the substitution of a prize of equal or greater value. Such change, alteration and/or modificationshall become effective upon the broadcast of the same by Sponsor.
4. Privacy. Any personal information supplied by entrants willbe subject to Sponsor's Privacy Policies and terms of service posted at itswebsite. Sponsor has the right to modify, use in perpetuity on any media,assign to any third parties and or dispose of entries. Once submitted, entries become the soleproperty of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. PromotionalUse of Winner's Identity. Byparticipating in this Contest, you grant Sponsor and its designees permission to use your name, picture,likeness, biographical information, statements, address (city and state) and/orvoice in any manner for any marketing, advertising or promotions, whethertelecast, published, or used in other medium (including but not limited toposting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture, likeness and/or voicein a database for future use, all without additional remuneration, all to thefullest extent permitted by law. Sponsorwill not provide any personally identifying information of minors, regardlessof its source, to any third party without the express written consent ofentrant's parent/legal guardian.
6. Technical Problems. Neither Sponsor nor its agents and representatives shall be responsiblefor:
- anytechnical difficulties including, but not limited to lost, late, misdirected,incomplete, garbledphone calls, limited calling, droppedlines, busy phone lines, computer error or any technical malfunctions of thetelephone network, illegible or mutilated correspondence, inability to access Contest via the Internet due to hardware,software compatibility, server and/or any other condition beyond thereasonable control of Sponsor;
- cancellation, pre-emption, non-broadcast orout-of-normal-timeslot telecast, in whole or in part, of any program containinga Contest element and Sponsor may choose, at its sole discretion, to cancel,modify or suspend Contest, or any portion thereof, due to such occurrences; or
- inability of the online portion of the Contest to run asoriginally planned, including tampering or infection by computer virus. Sponsorat its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend theInternet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from allsalvageable eligible entries received.
7. Contest Cancellation/Suspension. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend thisContest in the event Sponsor cannotpreserve the security or proper administration of this Contest, or forany other reason in Sponsor's soleand absolute discretion. In case of a dispute over the identity of the entrant whosubmitted a selected Internet entry (if applicable), Sponsor reserves theright, at its sole discretion, to deem the owner of the email account (asindicated on Internet service provider records) to be the entrant.
8. Trademarks. Any trademarks, tradenames,and/or tradestyles used in this Contest are the sole property of the respectiveowners of such trademarks, tradenames, and/or tradestyles and are used hereinsolely for identification purposes.
9. LegalPreemption. ThisContest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and to theseRules. This Contest is void whereprohibited by law.
10. Acknowledgements. By participating, you agree:
- to be bound by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor (or their designated representative), which are final and binding in all respects and to waive any right to claim ambiguity with the Rules;
- to waive any right to claim ambiguity with these Rules;
- to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest;
- to release all right to bring a claim, action, or proceeding against the Sponsor;
- to acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize and does not warrant, guarantee or in any way assure, vouch for or underwrite the work or any product associated with a prize including, but not limited to, merchantability, material, manufacture, workmanship, design, fitness for any particular purpose, value, condition, operation or performance;
- that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability in connection with disputes over procedures or with respect to use of any prizes (including property loss, damage, personal injury, or death);
- that any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law;
- that Sponsor is not responsible for multiple entries, entries that are entered by other than human means or by other mechanical means or for entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, illegible, mutilated, forged, mechanically duplicated, mass machine printed, postage due, misdirected, incomplete, destroyed, lost, photocopied entries or entries otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and such entries will be disqualified;
- that if, for any reason, the online portion of the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering or infection by computer virus, Sponsor at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Internet portion of the Contest and conduct any or all drawings from all salvageable eligible entries received;
- that the Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from any part of this Contest; and
- that in no event shall Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages associated with the Contest.
11. Acknowledgement/Waiver/Indemnification/Release. Winners of any Prize (andtravel guest(s) where applicable) shall be required to execute the attachedAcknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification and Release prior to his or herreceipt of such Prize.
12. Rules/WinnersList. Official Rules will be posted on the Sponsor's websiteduring the Contest period. Toreceive a copy of the Official Rules or the Name of the winner, send aself-addressed envelope to: OprylandCountry Christmas Contest, c/o ABC 33/40, 800 Concourse Parkway, Suite 200,Birmingham, AL 35244.
Winner's Acknowledgement, Waiver, Indemnification And Release
Acknowledgement.I have read and understand or have had explained to me the official rules andregulations concerning the attached contest promotion, and declare that I havecomplied fully with all of its associated rules.
I further declare that, at the time of myentry, I was _____ years of age, a resident of _________________________, andthat neither I, nor any member of my Family/Household, was/is an employee ofthe Sponsor, promotional companies, advertiser or their agencies, subsidiaries,affiliates involved with this contest or other media in the Station's market.
I understand that I am responsible for alltaxes of any type associated with my prize.
Waiver.I hereby for myself and/or my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, completely and forever release, waiveand discharge Sponsor, itspromotional partners and advertisers and their agencies involved with thiscontest promotion, and each such party's respective affiliates, parents,subsidiaries, shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, successors,assigns, consultants and representatives (collectively, the "Sponsor Affiliates"), from any and allclaims, actions, suits, costs, losses, expenses, demands, damages and/or otherliabilities, known or unknown, absolute or contingent, and whether or notfixed, which I ever had, now have or might in the future have against any ofthe Sponsor Affiliates (including,but not limited to, the costs and expenses of experts, consultants andattorneys),resulting in any manner from and/or by reason of my participation in thiscontest promotion and/or my receipt and use of such Prize, including any futureuse (collectively, "Claims");
Indemnification.I also agree toprotect, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Sponsor Affiliates, from and against any and all Claims arisingout of or relating to: (1) my participation in this contest promotion; and/or (2) my possession/acceptance and/or use/misuseof suchPrize, including any future use including,but not limited to, the, cancellations and/or delays or any change by anytransportation carrier(s), lodging facilities, or other company or any otherpersons providing any of components of the prize for the winner; and
Release.I hereby agree to allow Sponsor and its designees to use my name, picture, likeness, biographical information, voice,any statement made during interviews, and address (city and state) in any manner for any marketing, advertisingor promotions, whether telecast, published, or used in other medium (includingbut not limited to posting on the web), and to maintain such name, picture,likeness and/or voice in a database for future use, all without additionalremuneration, all to the fullest extent permitted by law inconjunction with my acceptance and use of said prize.
Printed Name Signature
SocialSecurity Number City,State, Zip Code