- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1 (10-ounce) bag of frozen spinach, thawed and excess watersqueezed out
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more forseasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 (4-ounce) center-cut pork chops
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijonmustard
Warm the 1 tablespoonolive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook untilfragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper,and thyme. Cook until combined, about 2 more minutes. Transfer the mixture to amedium bowl. Add the goat cheese and the cream cheese. Stir to combine and setaside.
Use a sharp knife to cut apocket into the thickest portion of the pork chop. Stuff each pocket with 1/4of the spinach and sun-dried tomato mixture and close the pork around thestuffing. Season the outside of the pork with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl combine thechicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, and mustard.
Warm the remaining 1 tablespoonolive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hotadd the pork. Cook until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.Transfer the pork to a side dish and tent with foil to keep warm. Add thechicken broth mixture to the skillet over medium-high heat. Scrape up the brownbits from the bottom of the pan as the chicken broth simmers. Reduce the brothby half to make a light sauce, about 8 minutes. Spoon some sauce over the porkbefore serving.