80
      Wednesday
      90 / 74
      Thursday
      90 / 73
      Friday
      90 / 73

      UPDATE: Race fan found dead in Talladega identified

      UPDATE:

      The Talladega County Sheriff's Department has identified the race fan found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning inside his motor home Saturday afternoon as 46-year-old Craig Franklin Morgan of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. {}Mr. Morgan, and his wife, Jami, were discovered by friends who entered their RV at the South Campground near the Talladega Superspeedway. {}

      Jami Morgan, 38, was unconscious but still alive. {}She was taken to UAB Hospital. {}As of late Sunday afternoon, she remained in critical condition.

      Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore says it appears a problem in the exhaust system of the Morgan's motor home allowed carbon monoxide to reach deadly levels. {}Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas. {}Safety experts recommend all motor home owners utilize a carbon monoxide detector.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER