Woman escapes burning apartment in Birmingham

A woman is safe thanks to a neighbor. That neighbor rescued her from a burning apartment in Birmingham.

It's located in South Park Apartments on{}South Park Drive. The{}Birmingham Fire Department says the apartment is a total loss.{}The fire started{}around three Sunday afternoon. Only one person, a woman, was inside. But a neighbor got her out quickly.

Audreyana Myers says, "When I was in the house the fire started on the right hand side by the chair and when I went into the house, the fire had already started. I had to grab her out of the bedroom and took her out of the house while the fire was going."

The fire is still under investigation. No one was hurt, but some nearby units have some smoke and water damage. Firefighters quickly put the fire out. No word yet on a cause.