Talk of Alabama 11/14/16 Rebecca Gordon
Rebecca Gordon part 2
Rebecca Gordon part 3
Crimson & White Mediterranean Dip Ease: Easy
Yield: 8 servings (2 1/4 cups)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Score an easy game day garnish by placing a small piece of butcher twine on a cutting board. Add pita cracker triangles to resemble bunting.
* 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt, divided
* 1 (15.5-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
* 3/4 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
* 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 garlic clove, quartered
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin
* 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olive halves, rinsed and drained
* 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
* Garnish: Diced roasted red bell peppers, chopped cilantro, and freshly ground pepper
* Sea salt pita crackers
Combine 1/2 cup yogurt and next 7 ingredients in a food processor; blend until smooth.
Transfer hummus to a 1-quart dish. Top with remaining 1/2 cup yogurt, olives, and feta. Garnish, if desired. Serve with pita crackers.
Tiger Stripe Brownies Ease: Easy
Yield: 2 dozen
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes; Cool 1 hour
Dip a chef knife in hot water and dry with a towel before each cut for sharp brownie edges. Wipe the knife clean and repeat.
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon table salt
* 1 (10-ounce) package bittersweet chocolate morsels
* 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
* 1/3 cup whole milk
* 4 large eggs
* 2 cups granulated sugar
* Milk Glaze
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 5 teaspoons whole milk
* 1/8 teaspoon orange food coloring paste
Preheat oven to 350?. Line bottom and sides of a 13-x 9-inch baking pan with foil, allowing 2-inches to extend over the sides; lightly grease foil.
Whisk together the first four ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Microwave chocolate and butter in a large glass microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Whisk in milk. Stir in eggs and sugar until blended; stir in flour mixture. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick holds a few moist crumbs. Cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour. Lift brownies from pan, using foil sides as handles. Remove foil, and cut brownies into rectangles; place on a foil-lined half sheet pan. Drizzle Milk Glaze over brownies to resemble tiger stripes.
Beat powdered sugar and milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Tint with food coloring paste.