3 protesters arrested in I-459 shutdown

Sherette Spicer (left), and Mark Myles (center) and Andy Baer (right), were arrested for their roles in shutting down I-459 last week. (City of Hoover)

Update (12/11): A third person has been charged with disorderly conduct in the protests that shut down I-459 last week.

Original: The City of Hoover confirmed 36-year-old Mark Myles was arrested this weekend and charged with disorderly conduct for his role in a protest which shut down part of I-459 last week. The protest was part of a continued effort to demand the release of evidence in the Thanksgiving night shooting of Emantic Bradford Jr.

More arrests are expected. Criminal charges against other protesters were already filed according to city spokesman Allan Rice.

Myles, who was arrested Sunday at the Riverchase Galleria Mall, faces two warrants from other law enforcement agencies according to Rice. He declined to say what the other charges were. There were no reports of protests Sunday at the mall.

Two people were injured Thursday during a protest at the Ross Bridge Resort. City administrator Allan Rice signaled last week a change in how police responded to the protests could be forthcoming.

“Certainly the police department will modify its plan,” he said. “That’s been the case all along. Their plan is flexible and has changed based on the number of protesters and their tactics and techniques and their behavior.”

Hoover Police arrested Anne Diprizio in a separate incident last Thursday. Police said they saw Diprizio protesting peacefully outside Hoover City Hall. She was only arrested when police later received a report DiPrizio was throwing ornaments from the city's Christmas tree at traffic passing by. The city of Hoover said DiPrizio told police the protest was in response to Bradford's shooting.

DiPrizio was charged and booked in the Hoover City Jail. She was released on bond later that day.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending