From our neighbors at Back Forty Beer Company
- 2-3 Tbsp bacon drippings, or your preferred oil
- 1/2 pound Dean’s sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup corn, fresh off the cob or frozen niblets
- 2/3 cup sweet onion, small dice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Truck Stop Honey, Back Forty Beer Co.
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 2-3 green onions, sliced
Using a medium-size skillet heat bacon fat over medium-high heat. You’ll need enough fat to cover pan.
Saute’ corn and sweet onion until you get some browning color and take off heat.
Add beer and buttermilk or milk in mixing bowl.
Combine flour, salt, and baking powder in mixing bowl and sift or whisk dry ingredients to combine evenly.
Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well. Fold in all veggies and cooked Dean’s sausage of your choice.
Using a 1/4 c. of batter per fritter fry in hot oil.
Using the back of a spoon swirl the batter until it spreads out pretty thin and brown.
Flip over fritter and cook through.
These are excellent with dipping sauces like aioli, heated pepper jam, or use these fritters to sop up barbeque sauce. They pair well with the rest of that Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale from Back Forty Beer Co., Gadsden, AL – Cheers!
For more recipes, visit http://deansausage.com/recipes